A friend asked me why I don’t go to the movies anymore. I told him that I’ve already seen it all.
It’s true, I have. It seems like Hollywood recycles the same ideas over and over.
And they somehow manage to profit.
Without further ado, here are the most overplayed movie plots, ever.
- Boy meets girl. They immediately dislike each other. By some strange twist of circumstance, they end up drunkenly sharing a one night stand. She gets pregnant and decides to keep it. They struggle to get along. The guy falls in love with her and tries to win her over. She resists. Yada, yada, yada. She realizes she cares for him when it’s already too late. Yada, yada yada, she goes after him and they reunite. Katherine Heigl is almost always the female lead.
- Some deranged lunatic escapes from prison. It’s raining. Some teenagers are having a party because their parents are out of town. They’re doing drugs and having sex. The lunatic shows up at their house and kills them.
- A group of random people (who barely know each other) are stuck at some haunted mansion. The most attractive character hears a strange noise and decides to investigate in her sexist lingerie. Killer in the house? Perfect time to hop in the shower!
- The villain is foiled because he decides to explain his evil plans to anyone who will listen.
- Unreasonable angry police chief fires the head detective during an important case. The detective can only solve the case after being fired.
Come on, Hollywood!