J. Parker from Training Camp Rookie nominated me for a Liebster award. She’s a southern belle from Texas who injects delightful things like “y’all” into her posts. Saying “y’all” is so much fun. I wish I could get away with it without looking ridiculous. I follow the rule of “you’re not from the south, you probably shouldn’t act like you are” and it’s working out for me so far.
Without further ado, I’m gonna answer her questions, highlight 10 blogs I haven’t nominated before and think are worth checking out, and then pose 10 of my own.
1. What’s the longest ROAD trip you’ve ever taken? Trains, planes, and hot air balloons don’t count!
My family took a road trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Manitoba is just next door to Ontario, where I live. Since Canada is so enormous, it took us a day just to get out of Ontario. Every. Town. Looked. The. Same. It was like a horror movie. Small town after small town. Gas station after gas station. Corn fields. The more north we went, the more white people there were. Coming from Toronto, the most diverse city in the world, it was really shocking.
2. What is at the very top of your bucket list and why?
Hands down, traveling the world. I have a lot of catching up to do and I relish new experiences.
3. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met/gawked at on the sidewalk/sat next to on the subway?
I don’t care much for celebrities, but I saw Drake when he was visiting Toronto. If I could push past the excited teenage girls, I would ask him to please stop making music or at the very least, stop advertising that you’re from Toronto. We don’t want you.
Here’s a fun fact about Drake. He didn’t “start from the bottom” as he claims. He grew up in Forest Hill, one of the most (like top 5 most) wealthy neighbourhoods in Toronto.
Also, here is Drake without eyebrows.
Wearing my riding boots and looking all east coast equestrian and shit. I can’t wait to step on crunchy leaves, wear chunky scarves, and make pumpkin-themed everything. My roommate almost barfed last year because I made pumpkin soup, lasagna, and pie in the same week (from the same pumpkin too!) and forced her to help me eat it all.
5. Do you have a favorite breakfast food/meal?
Brie-stuffed french toast soaked in Grand Marnier. Oh yeaaaah.
6. If you could wake up tomorrow with any job in the world, what would it be?
I’d be a chef with my own TV show and book series. Only because I like narrating with a faux British accent while I’m cooking.
7. Have you ever successfully completed something you pinned on Pinterest?
Not yet but one day! One day…
8. What is most recent thing you bought and why did you buy it?
I bought a bottle of red vino to split with my roommate for dinner tonight. It was Fat Bastard, to be exact, and it was actually quite good. Do I really need a reason to buy wine? Well here it is: it’s Monday.
9. Do you wear a watch or just use your cellphone to keep track of time?
I wear a watch as an accessory and use my cellphone to keep track of time. My coworker noticed my watch was like 3 hours behind one day, and I didn’t even bat an eye. Whatever!
10. Can you do a handstand?
Only in the water. Or against a wall or something.
Here are the nominees. Check out their blogs when you have a chance.
3. Kev’s Stuff
10. Vodka & Cupcakes
And here are my questions to you.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What’s your favourite place in the whole world, and why?
3. If you could erase one word from the English language, what would it be?
4. What small thing makes you happy?
5. If you could be extremely good at one thing, what would it be and why?
6. Are you an early bird or night owl?
7. What’s something you learned recently?
8. If you could live in another decade, when would it be?
9. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
10. Tell me a random fact about you.
Now go pass the torch!